KRK Classic 5 Powered Studio Monitor (Each)
The KRK Classic 5 is a 2-way near-field monitor suitable for critical listening and mixing. The monitor leverages technology from its predecessor in the ROKIT series, but gives you DSP settings that are geared for achieving more accurate mixes in the common studio or home-studio environment. However, you can still get that proud, bass-forward KRK sound out of these monitors if you switch on the +2 dB KRK Bass Boost. This setting holds true to the tone professionals over the world have come to love for years and years.
The monitor provides a 5″ glass-aramid composite woofer, a 1″ soft-dome tweeter, and a waveguide that facilitates both an accurate sound and a flexible listening position. A Class-AB amplifier with a built-in limiter lets you achieve clean, loud levels of up to 104 dB SPL. A front-slotted bass port reduces bass buildup from boundary coupling, allowing you to place the monitor wherever you need it.
Connect to the monitor via 1/4″, XLR, or RCA jacks. You’ll find hardware controls on the rear of the monitor over volume and LF and HF equalization. Power the monitor with a standard IEC cable.
Set at Three Different Angles
Key Features at a Glance
- Soft-dome tweeter with optimized waveguide provides smooth, pristine, and articulate highs up to 35 kHz
- Lightweight, glass-aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Flat Low Frequency Adjustment adds versatility and improved accuracy for mixes that translate in different environments
- Superior low-end extension with optional setting of +2 dB KRK Bass Boost acclaimed by music creators worldwide
- High- and low-frequency controls let you contour your sound to your environment and preference
- Factory installed under-monitor foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface for improved clarity
- Active 2-way electronics provide high-headroom / low-noise amplification
- Front-slotted bass port and resonant-free cabinet increases sonic clarity
- System-optimized auto-limiter prevents unexpected peaks from damaging the speakers while offering consistency and clarity at high volumes
- Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, 1/4”, RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Low-resonance enclosure for minimized distortion and colorization
- Low- and high-frequency adjustments tailor the monitors to taste and adjust for room acoustics
- Custom biamped, Class-AB amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion