Vox Cambridge 50 Electric Guitar Amplifier
The VOX Cambridge50 is an ambitious product that opens new possibilities in a modeling guitar amp. Featuring Virtual Element Technology (“VET”) modeling technology to deliver realistic and stage-ready sounds, Nutube to deliver the distinctive distortion, rapid response, and tonal change of a tube amp that cannot be entirely duplicated by digital technology, and an open-back cabinet equipped with a 12-inch speaker for crisp sound. The VOX Cambridge50 guitar combo amp is the ideal fusion of these three elements, and a powerful modeling amp. With 50W output and versatile functionality, it’s a great choice not only for live performance but also for at-home practicing or recording.
Eleven types of further refined amp models
Proprietary VET (Virtual Element Technology) allows an unprecedented degree of realism. In addition to the amp models, the original circuit itself has been re-evaluated, carefully modelling the way in which the sound is effected by the wooden cabinet and the response of the 12-inch speaker. In addition to the classic AC30, this single unit gives you the sounds of a wide range of amps including well-known tube amps, modern high-gain amps, and rare boutique amps. A versatile LINE IN is also provided to support acoustic-electric guitars and keyboards, further expanding the useful scope of this Amp.
Amp models: DELUXE CL,BOUTIQUE CL, BOUTIQUE OD, VOX AC30, VOX AC30TB, BRIT 1959, BRIT 800, BRIT VM,SL-OD, DOUBLE REC, LINE
Eight effect types
There’s a generous selection of the effect types that are indispensable for shaping your sound. Both modulation and delay/reverb can be used simultaneously, and each provides a choice of four types, giving you a total of eight effects. This offers total control for shaping your guitar sound. A tap button is also provided, so you can set the delay time and other parameters intuitively.
Effect types: MODULATION(CHORUS, FLANGER, ORG PHASE, TWIN TREM), DELAY/REVERB (A.DELAY, TAPE ECHO,SPRING, HALL)
Equipped with a Nutube
The VOX Cambridge50 features a Nutube, the new-generation vacuum tube. Using electro-luminescent technology with the same structure as a conventional vacuum tube, the Nutube has been featured in a variety of products from VOX and others. The distortion and sense of compression that you expect from a vacuum tube, and even the response and playing feel, perfectly capture the feeling of playing a vacuum tube. In addition to the light-weight design that was unobtainable by a conventional vacuum tube amp, the Nutube brings additional unique advantages such as being maintenance-free and cost-effective.
A full range of support functions
The VOX Cambridge50 is packed with functions to support the guitarist in every way. In addition to the built-in tuner, there’s an AUX input that lets you listen to an external audio source while you jam-along with it, a headphone/line output with cabinet simulator that’s ideal for practicing at home or recording, a preset mode that lets you instantly recall stage-ready sounds, and a manual mode that applies the physical knob positionsjust like a conventional amp.
The USB audio interface-equipped VOX Cambridge50
The VOX Cambridge50 features USB audio interface functionality that lets you connect to your computer via USB and record the Nutube sound directly. In addition to letting you enjoy performing, this unit is perfect for integrating with your home recording setup.
- Tone Room editor/librarian software delivers an even higher level of versatility. The Tone Room editor/librarian software supports the VOXCambridge50. You can use it to access parameters that are not accessible from the unit itself, and store your settings in a library. In addition to Mac/Windows, iOS/Android are supported, allowing easy access to your amp via USB.
- JamVOX III modelling software. With the JamVOX III modelling software you can easily enjoy playing guitar on your PC. You can take advantage of the GXT function that lets you extract, emphasize, or remove a specific part from an existing song; you can also use the music player function to play back a loop from a song that you are learning or practicing, and even change its tempo. ASIO drivers are supported, so you can also record and play back via software other than JamVOX III, such as a DAW or guitar amp simulator.
Add a foot switch for expanded functionality
The separately sold VFS5 footswitch lets you use your foot to change programs. When the footswitch is connected, program memories are expanded to eight types. This provides perfect support for your on-stage performances.
- Power Amplifier Output: Maximum approx. 50 W RMS @4ohms
- Amp models: 11 (10 + Line)
- Effects: 8
- Preset Programs: 11
- User Programs: 2 (Using the VFS5 foot switch increases the number of user programs to 8)
- Input/Output: INPUT jack, Headphones jack (Cabinet simulator is equipped), AUX IN jack, FOOT SW jack, USB (Type B) port
- USB port: Type B (Audio, Tone Room)
- Speaker: Celestion VX12 8″ 4 ohms
- Valve: Nutube 6P1
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Power Supply: AC adapter (DC 19 V)
- Current Consumption: 3.42 A
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 452 mm x 240 mm x 410mm/17.80″ x 9.45″ x 16.14″
- Weight: 8.9 kg/19.62 lbs.
- Included Items: AC adapter (DC 19 V), JamVOX III download card
- Accessories (all sold separately): VOX VFS2 footswitch, VOX VFS5 footswitch